Website VP Protection Inc.
VP Protection’s state of the art Command Center is growing, and we are looking for qualified individuals who want to help people within their community and become part of our team. We currently have Full and Part-time openings available.
Security Dispatchers are expected to possess strong written and verbal communication skills, as much of their time is spent speaking with guards, clients, alarm companies, and the public. They must be detail-oriented to ensure they are relaying the proper information to guards as they dispatch calls. In addition, Security Dispatchers should be able to exercise strong problem-solving and customer service skills and have the ability to work well in stressful situations. In addition to these general skills, a Security Dispatcher could be expected by potential employers to possess the following skills.
Core skills: If you want to work as a VP Protection Security Dispatcher, you must possess the following.
- Understanding security and dispatch codes and procedures
- Coordinating various personnel for emergency response purposes
- Operating radio and communications systems
- Operating computers and technical equipment
- Handling stressful situations and calming distressed callers
- Knowing local laws, PSISA regulations and ordinances as well as geographical areas
- Maintain daily logs and reports
- Changes to schedules as they arise
- Emergency shifts coverage
- Clear understanding of SOPs and Emergency Operating Procedures
- Monitors Cameras
- Intelligence gathering
Requirements: The following are required for all applicants
- Valid Ontario Security License
- Knowledge of basic security operations
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Be able to work on a rotational basis
- Ability to multi-task
- CPR and First Aid
Advanced skills: These advanced skills are an asset to your Security Dispatcher toolbox and broaden your career options.
- Type at least 30 words per minute
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Police foundations and asset
- Police 911 Dispatch and asset
- Previous Security Dispatcher experience minimum 1 year and asset
- Fire Panel knowledge
- Elevator entrapment knowledge
- Customer Service field an asset
If you want the challenge of working in a growing Communications Center and think you have the qualities needed to perform at a high level, please submit a cover letter and resume to; firstname.lastname@example.org