Website VP Protection Inc.
Protection services that work for you.
A suitable candidate is highly motivated with an eye for detail and a high level of energy. A Mobile Operative will conduct numerous security patrols of industrial, commercial and residential locations. During a shift, the operative will conduct parking enforcement on private property. Any number of alarms that are received will be responded to during the course of the shift. In addition, a community-based security concept will be deployed, working with not only the community but with local law enforcement.
This work requires a candidate who is motivated, energetic and skilled at multitasking. The response units are tracked by GPS for safety and we operate 24/7/365 as a highly skilled group of security professionals.
If you are interested in a fast-paced, challenging work environment and thrive on teamwork please read on. If you are looking for an easy job, this is not for you.
Competitive Hourly Compensation – $17/hour
Duties & Responsibilities of Mobile Support Services Security Operative, Response Unit and By Law Enforcement
Job Requirements – Mandatory
- Must have Full G drivers license with clean drivers history/abstract required
- Full availability for all shifts; nights, days, afternoons, weekends, and holidays
- Must have current Security Guard license
- Current First Aid Certificate/CPR/AED
- Must have 2 years Security Services experience
- Must have a personal vehicle
- Must be able to operate a vehicle safely in all weather conditions
- Pass authorization on fleet vehicle insurance check
This position is a fast-paced, results-oriented, and high energy position. It is for people who enjoy working hard and seeing results. This is a team-oriented opportunity. The right candidate must have strong organizational capabilities and like to be on the move.
- Knowledge of Private Property By-Laws / Parking By-Laws
- Trespass to Property Act
- Knowledge of Municipal By-Laws, Provincial Statutes, and Federal Statutes
- Experience using Alarm Systems
- Experience in similar activities excluding traffic direction
- Strong verbal, written, and electronic communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Safe operation of a motor vehicle for between 8 to 12hr shifts
- Flexible work schedule (expect to work days, nights, afternoons, weekends, & statutory holidays)
- Be responsible to ensure a high level of Mobile Support Services standards.
- Be able to converse with the public in a respectful manner at all times.
- Be responsible to ensure the vehicles are clean after each shift and full of gas.
- Ensure there is an adequate stock of electronic and all other required equipment in each vehicle kit. If there is a shortage, you will advise the operations.
- Be responsible to ensure all equipment and vehicles are maintained in proper working condition. If there is an issue with the equipment, you will advise the operations.
- Provide Parking Enforcement of the various cities Parking By-Laws. (MLEO)
- Patrol and respond to complaints and requests for enforcement of parking prohibitions throughout all Private Property locations.
- Provide parking enforcement during various special events.
- Issue parking infraction notices through computerized ticketing equipment or handwritten tickets.
- Coordinate towing of unauthorized vehicles in accordance with Mobile Support Services and municipal rules and regulations.
- Act as a liaison with the public in regards to Parking Enforcement Issues; dealing with the public in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Mandatory attendance at court when requested by the municipality to provide evidence for issued tickets.
- Maintain required documentation.
- Conduct security patrols; both mobile and on foot.
- Check all external doors, windows and grounds.
- Conduct internal patrols.
- Escort employees to vehicles, bus stops, or other high-value target locations.
- Ensure the facility is in good working order.
- Respond to alarm calls.
- Attend all alarms in a timely and safe manner.
- Conduct alarm verification according to SOP.
- Static Protective Services / Enforcement of Provincial and Federal Statutes.
- Learn and know all static sites.
- Supervise and evaluate static site staff.
- Respond and assist in situations, critical incidents, and emergencies.
- Ensure all required documents, including daily logs, are filled out by each Officer (i.e. Incident/Arrest reports, vehicle logs, occurrence reports for towed vehicles, enforcement logs etc.)
- Be responsible to ensure all sites are being enforced in accordance with the clients’ requirements and the SOPs.
- Will be responsible to ensure you arrive and depart, as per scheduled times.