Website VP Protection Inc.
Protection services that work for you.
A suitable candidate is highly motivated with an eye for detail and a high level of energy. A security guard will conduct numerous security patrols of industrial, commercial and residential locations. This work requires a candidate who is motivated, energetic and skilled at multitasking.
If you are interested in a fast-paced, challenging work environment and thrive on teamwork please read on.
Competitive Hourly Compensation – $14-16/hour
Duties & Responsibilities of Security Guards
Job Requirements – Mandatory
- Full availability for all shifts; nights, days, afternoons, weekends, and holidays
- Must have current Security Guard license
- Current First Aid Certificate/CPR/AED
- This position is a fast-paced, results-oriented, and high energy position. It is for people who enjoy working hard and seeing results. This is a team-oriented opportunity. The right candidate must have strong organizational capabilities and like to be on the move.
- Knowledge of Private Property By-Laws
- Trespass to Property Act
- Strong verbal, written, and electronic communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexible work schedule (expect to work days, nights, afternoons, weekends, & statutory holidays)
- Be able to converse with the public in a respectful manner at all times.
- Maintain required documentation.
- Conduct security patrols on foot.
- Check all external doors, windows and grounds.
- Conduct internal patrols.
- Escort employees to vehicles, bus stops, or other high-value target locations.
- Ensure the facility is in good working order.
- Static Protective Services / Enforcement of Provincial and Federal Statutes.
- Respond and assist in situations, critical incidents, and emergencies.
- Ensure all required documents, including daily logs, are filled out by each Officer (i.e. Incident/Arrest reports, vehicle logs, occurrence reports for towed vehicles, enforcement logs etc.)
- Will be responsible to ensure you arrive and depart, as per scheduled times.