Website VP Protection Inc.
Protection services that work for you.
We are seeking suitable candidates that are highly motivated, flexible and can work well in a team environment. A high level of energy, motivation, and knowledge of security in an events capacity is a must for these candidates. As a Special Events-Concerts/Live Events candidate, all candidates must be able to stand from 6-10 hours during special event duration. Each candidate must be a strong verbal communicator in a busy, high public traffic environment. As a Special Events candidate, each candidate will act as a brand ambassador for our client as well as us with all levels of the public.
Job Requirements – Mandatory
- Flexible availability for all shifts; nights, days, afternoons, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to work in a team environment or as on their own
- Must have current Security Guard license
- Current First Aid Certificate/CPR/AED
- Must have 1 year Security Services experience in a special event and live concert environment
- Strong verbal, written, and electronic communication skills
- Attention to detail a must
- Knowledge of Private Property By-Laws / Trespass to Property Act
- Knowledge of Municipal By-Laws, Provincial Statutes, and Federal Statutes
- Knowledge of Liquor License Act
This position is a fast-paced, results-oriented, and high energy position. It is for people who enjoy working hard, enjoy interacting with the general public and enjoy being in an outdoor live special event setting. This is also a team-oriented opportunity.
- To help and provide public order work
- Ensure all security-related events are dealt with effectively
- Must effectively communicate with all other event staff and managers, venue operations, event control centre, security supervisor and Toronto Police Services
- Must react urgently to security incidents as they arise on the property during events
- Be able to converse with the public in a respectful manner at all times.
- Must take a proactive approach in providing a safe and secure environment during events
- Maintain required documentation.
- Static Protective Services / Enforcement of Provincial and Federal Statutes.
Competitive Hourly Compensation – $20-$25/Hour